We are looking for a social media intern with strong organization skills who is actively pursuing a career in marketing or communications. Applications with social media internships and/or experience and strong writing skills highly preferred, but not required for the right candidate.
All of our positions require creativity, strategic thinking, and outstanding written and oral communication skills.
As a full-service integrated communications agency voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey for 2022, every day at R&J brings new challenges, chances to Make a Difference, and opportunities for professional growth in a flexible, hybrid environment.
What sets R&J apart from other internship programs?
With a range of clients in the commercial real estate, health care and not for profit industries, our team has no shortage of social media work for our interns to sink their teeth into and help us drive meaningful results from day one.
As an intern, you’re a valuable part of the team. You’ll have the chance to participate in our quarterly State of the Agency meetings as well as new business and client brainstorm sessions, join internal team meetings, participate in community service events and attend social outings including happy hours, holiday parties and more.
We don’t like to brag, but we’ve been following our flexible “Work from Wherever” policy since 2019. Today, we continue to empower our employees to choose where they work and when they work, as long as they get their work done and keep an open line of communication with their team and clients. As an intern, you’ll also be free to Work from Wherever but we designate weekly in-office days to give you an opportunity to meet our team, form personal connections, and benefit from valuable in-person collaboration.
Make a Difference
At R&J, our mission is to Make a Difference for our clients, for our team members and for our communities. In addition to delivering exceptional work for our clients and creating a welcoming atmosphere for every team member, we are committed to Making a Difference in our communities by not only taking on work for clients making a positive impact but also giving our team members the time, resources and opportunities to give back in ways that are meaningful to them.
We always offer an open forum for employees to suggest causes and volunteer opportunities important to them and come together as an agency to support those organizations, whether we’re joining a beach cleanup, collecting shoes for those in need, or hosting school supply drives for students in local communities.
We also recognize our employees for living these values with our quarterly Make a Difference Award. Originating from our brand statement, the Make a Difference Award is given to an employee who goes above and beyond making a difference for the agency, its clients and in the community and must be nominated by his or her fellow colleagues. Along with a physical award, each award winner receives a monetary prize and R&J makes a donation in their name to the charity or organization of their choice.
What you’ll learn and work on:
- Upon hire, you will receive a laptop and be assigned to either our healthcare or CRE teams.
- Consider this your crash course in social media. By the end your R&J internship, we’ll ensure you’ll know how to:
- Monitor client social media accounts daily for comments, direct messages, etc.
- Outline topics, draft and schedule social posts for client accounts through our social media management tool
- Outline topics, draft and schedule social posts for R&J accounts through our social media management tool
- Collect and assemble campaign performance data for monthly and/or quarterly reporting
- Research relevant holidays to share on client’s social media accounts
- Create video content for clients using our video creation platform
- Attend at least one in-person client meeting and participate in bi-weeky, virtual client calls
Who you are:
- A college student with a major in communications, public relations, digital marketing, social media or a related area OR a recent college graduate pursuing a career in digital marketing
- A skilled writer with strong communication skills
- Ability to work 15-25 hours 2-3 days per week (part-time) OR Monday-Friday (full-time)
- Ability to attend in-person meetings 1-2 times per week at our Bridgewater, NJ office (exceptions for extenuating circumstances)
- Previous digital marketing or social media internship experience is a plus but not required
- Fall Social Media Intern
- Preference given to those who apply by August 5 (applications accepted on as-needed basis until August 31)
- Term: September – December
- Spring Social Media Intern
- Preference given to those who apply by December 5 (applications accepted on as-needed basis until December 31)
- Term: January – April
- Summer Social Media Intern
- Preference given to those who apply by May 5 (applications accepted on as-needed basis until May 31)
- Term: May – August
- Full-time Social Media Intern
- Full-time Social Media Intern applicants accepted on a rolling basis for a 3-month internship