Assistant Account Executive Position
An Account Executive Assistant splits time between strategic development and tactical execution, typically within a specific account group of R&J.
All of our positions require creativity, strategic thinking, and outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Assistant Account Executives service multiple accounts, handling core public relations tasks ranging from building media relationships to conducting industry research to writing and developing client updates and drafting media materials. In this position, employees demonstrate strong communication and time management skills, show initiative and an ability to consistently manage deadlines. They learn the business of the agency, its clients and its internal processes and procedures. Assistant Account Executives are resourceful task managers who are counted on for tactical program execution for our clients, therefore playing a key role in client service and our team structure. Responsibilities include handling program research, assisting in program development, writing materials of all kinds, managing traditional and interactive media relations, organizing events, and implementing communications programs that target a variety of stakeholder audiences.
- Prepare internal and external update reports
- Prepare meeting materials including agendas and post-meeting reports
- Demonstrate working knowledge of AP-writing and editing style
- Write draft media materials based on outline or direction from supervisors
- Secure media placements and actively pitch media about client news
- Demonstrate an understanding of our clients businesses
- Understand clients’ top-tier media and be able to identify trade and business reporters and outlets
- Monitor media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments
- Contribute the R&J blog program
- Be able to perform a variety of research duties including researching industry or program-relevant topics efficiently, spokesperson and speakers bureau candidates
- Assist in special event planning
- Manage time and juggle multiple account deadlines
- Provide regular proactive updates to supervisors on projects and responsibilities
- Proactively look for and develop new ideas for clients
- Demonstrate the ability to manage vendors
- Assist in the management of interns
- Demonstrate an understanding of social media platforms and execute social media strategies
- Assist in the planning process for appropriate accounts
- Track/enter time with precision on a day-to-day basis and prepare expense reports on a timely basis
- Assist in monthly client invoice preparation; including creating client account activity reports
- Maintain out-of-pocket expense trackers for accounts; manage monthly expense reconciliation and inform supervisors of expense status
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Assist with the development of client estimates for special projects
- Promote and endorse organizational change efforts through own words, actions, and priorities
- Work effectively with all agency teams / departments and foster solid intra-company relations as relevant
- 1-2 years of experience in a PR agency, association, political campaign, non-profit organization, or corporate communications position.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience in writing news materials, articles, message points, collateral materials, and copy for social media engagement.
- Strong news judgment and proven ability to work effectively with reporters.
- Experience with blogger outreach and social media community management.
- Strong attention to detail and project organization and management.
- Proven experience in working with internal or external clients.
- Ability to think creatively and present fresh ideas in a compelling manner.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and delivering consistent, high-quality work.
- Solid web-based research skills.