Always looking to grow our creative team, we’re on the lookout for a talented graphic designer who is as motivated and passionate about design as we are; someone who obsesses over line-spacing and color, understands serifs inside and out, someone who understands how the web works – on all devices, and can design their way through the day across a myriad of design challenges. We want someone who’s comfortable working as part of a team, sharing ideas and also taking the initiative to take lead on new innovations and projects. We’re not looking for a rockstar or showboater; just a committed, hardworking designer who wants to join a great team and work in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
The primary goals of the graphic designer position at R&J Strategic Communications is to be an imperative part of a creative process that delivers the highest quality of visual communications work for all of our clients. To work directly with current and future clients in designing and developing successful marketing collateral across print, web, and new media platforms as well as maintaining and helping build relationships with current and future clients and help mold the future of the creative development process at R&J Strategic Communications.
The ideal candidate is passionate about design for print and web, loves typography, obsesses over color, dreams in grids, understands how clients communicate and knows how to pull it all together online and off. Strong abilities in communicating vision and ideas are imperative and strong presentation skills are preferred. Our culture is optimal for a creative process to help bring out the best design work possible – so the right person will have to be outgoing, lively, fun, well spoken and written, willing to learn and enthusiastic about what we do as a company.
Design Related Responsibilities:
- Listen and respond accordingly to client needs
- Create concepts and designs for clients based on project scopes and clients needs
- Communicate and contribute completely unfiltered creativity and feedback at all times
- Occasionally assist in copywriting as needed
- Proof final work for accurate alignment and placement of elements, check color, outline fonts, copy, hi-res photos, etc,
- Create different file formats for production and client use
- Photo research and recommendation
- Photo retouching/finishing
- Create assets for social media and email marketing campaigns
- Work with web development team on functionality for web projects
- Ensure that the highest level of accuracy and quality is carried through in all work that leaves the offices
- Maintain direct contact with clients on current and future project work
- Hold and attend client meetings as needed
- Maintain and promote organized files and documents
- Assist in generating and maintaining brand documents/forms/templates for agency
- Track time accurately
- Ability to listen and critically analyze client needs
- Minimum 2-3 years agency related design experience
- Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite on Mac
- Dangerous curiosity to design great experiences
- Experience in designing for both print and modern web
- The ability to clearly communicate ideas to team members and clients
- Desired but not required: experience with HTML/CSS/WordPress
- Ability to work on-site in our Bridgewater, NJ studio full time
- Flexible work from home, or wherever, policy
- The opportunity to work in a fun, fast-paced growing communications agency in NJ
- The opportunity to work with some of the best clients, on some of the most challenging and interesting projects in the world
- A fun work environment where we take what we do very seriously, but love every second of it
- Full-time salary, health benefits, 401k, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, flexible remote working
- Education. We believe in learning a lot, so we make tools available to our team
Show us your work:
We’re interested in seeing the work you’ve done. We don’t care if it’s client work or not. If you sufficiently impress us, we’ll invite you to work with us and crank out some beautiful design work for some awesome clients.
This position reports to the VP, Creative and Digital Services and is on-site in Bridgewater, NJ.
Send a resume with a link to your portfolio, Dribbble account, etc. and we’ll get the ball rolling.
Resumes without work samples will not be reviewed.