Integrity House’s adolescent clients in its Bate program were very busy over the past several months, creating and filming an original short film titled “Boys of Bate,” about substance abuse, hope and transformation, to help them face their addictions and save their lives. As means to engaging its clients in art therapy, the boys played integral roles in developing every aspect of the film, along with assistance from professionals. The finished product was premiered to a sold out audience on February 26, 2015, at the Claridge Bow-Tie Cinema in Montclair, New Jersey. Through proactive media relations efforts, R&J created buzz within the local community and media to raise awareness of the premiere, securing pre-event and post-event coverage, with The Star-Ledger, The Montclair Times, Addiction Professional, Parsippany Focus, TAP Into Montclair and more. R&J helped spread the message that substance abuse treatment programs exist and that they are important and effective for adolescents and adults alike. With an extraordinary turnout complete with a full house and red carpet entry, the event set the precedent for future art therapy programs and events that Integrity House plans on coordinating, with financial support from the funds raised at the premiere. Below, please find a recap of secured media coverage of the “Boys of Bate” movie premiere.
- The Star-Ledger/NJ.com, “For addicted NJ teens, filming their stories saved their lives” – February 27, 2015: http://bit.ly/1AAxuIq
- The Montclair Times/NorthJersey.com, “Film on Newark’s Integrity House program to screen in Montclair” – http://bit.ly/1zOiy4o
- Parsippany Focus, “Integrity House to Premiere its Client-Made Short Film About Adolescent Substance Abuse, Hope, and Transformation” – http://bit.ly/1Mgvwlq
- TAP Into Montclair, “Clairidge to Host Film Premiere About Adolescent Substance Abuse and Transformation on Feb. 26” –http://bit.ly/1AOMGmF
- CentralJersey.com, “Integrity House to Premiere its Client-Made Short Film About Adolescent Substance Abuse, Hope, and Transformation at Fundraiser Screening on February 26” – http://bit.ly/1AvLJP7